Young Devon is a county wide charity that focuses on putting young people at the heart of Devon. Developing positive, high quality relationships are the founding principle behind our extensive work across Wellbeing, Skills, Accommodation and young people’s Voice.
As we move towards our 70th Anniversary year in 2019, we have given the charity a sharper focus. We have recently launched out new strategy for 2018 – 2021 supported by a new and exciting visual identity and website.
We are looking for Trustees who share our vision and passion and want to help us shape the charity as we step off into this exciting new era. A commitment to improving the services, the support that we offer to young people and growing the impact that we have is a must.
As a Trustee you will support the charity to put young people at the heart of Devon by:
- Promoting and representing the charity at appropriate forums and events
- Attending four Trustee’s meetings plus a Senior Leadership away day each year
- Sitting on one of Young Devon’s Management Committees that meet four times a year
- Supporting the link between the Trustees and the Young Devon’s employees
- Bring individual expertise, passion and commitment
- Ensure that collectively the Board provides effective advice, guidance and direction to the management of the charity.
- Ensure that Young Devon meets its charitable objectives, and through strong financial management and good governance makes a quantifiable difference to young people in Devon.
To complement our existing Board, we would particularly value additional experience in Human Resource management, working with young people and finance.
For further information or to organise an informal conversation please contact Chief Executive, Andrew Moreman on 01752 691511
Thank you for the interest that you have shown in our charity.